Friday, December 28, 2012

2012...At a glance!

As we draw near to the end of 2012, I thought it would be fun to reflect back on some highlights from our year...month-by-month.  So, here goes!

..........

January 2012 - I enjoyed having some of my dancers perform at the Fulton Opera House for a fundraiser supporting the Mennonite Central Committee.  Mya became much more mobile (i.e. learned how to run).  We had won a 6-week membership to Gymboree Play & Music and loved taking Mya to various classes during this time.

February 2012 - I enjoyed getting involved in a book club for ladies at our church and was challenged by the book, "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.  I highly recommend this book!  

March 2012 - Brandon's parents came to PA to visit us for about a week, and we enjoyed some fun adventures during their visit.  We were also able to attend our extended family's annual Weaver Weekend at a cabin near Shunk, PA.  

April 2012 - I was asked to perform a ballet dance...a solo...during a Worship Service at our church.  It took me out of my comfort zone and was an awesome experience.  At the first signs of warmer weather, we also enjoyed every opportunity to take Mya to local parks and loved asking friends to meet us there.  

May 2012 - Brandon and I celebrated our 8th anniversary...Hard to believe!  We also enjoyed celebrating birthdays with several of Mya's little friends (Jansen, Tristan, and Kate).  We spent the Memorial Holiday weekend at Eagle Rock with my parents and sister.  

June 2012 - We joined the "Y" and have loved it, and Mya especially loves using the indoor pool there.  We have a sad little girl on our hands any time we go and don't use the pool.  I celebrated my 29th birthday!  Woohoo!!  We also enjoyed our annual trip to Ocean City, Maryland with my parents, sister, and our family friends...Laura & The Bauer Family.

July 2012 - We spent an average of 2-3 evenings per week (all summer long) at Dutch Wonderland.  (Just an FYI - DW is FREE and open to the public for the last 45 minutes every day they are open...Such a blessing!)  We also learned that we have a little lady on our hands that LOVES rides...and the wilder they are, the better!  We enjoyed celebrating the marriage of Brandon's cousin, Darian, and Marsha and were thrilled to have Brandon's mom here for the wedding and then along for the ride with us on our annual summer trip out to Ohio & Iowa.  We visited with Mya's birthmom, half-brother, and biological grandma while traveling through the State College area...and were thankful that Brandon's mom could also be along for the visit this past year.  We had lots of fun adventures while in Ohio and Iowa...including swimming at Uncle Stan & Aunt Ro's house and visiting a water park and an awesome children's museum.

August 2012 - Brandon started his 8th year of teaching at CVHS in the English Department.  He also signed up to have his first-ever "year-long" student teacher from Millersville University.  I, very spur-of-the-moment, also decided to take on painting both of our bathrooms, and when I pick the paint (with Brandon's approval, of course), we end up with a warm, bright, orange bathroom and a cool, sleek, gray bathroom.  I love those simple home improvements that add so much to making our house a home!  

September 2012 - I had fun organizing a 30th birthday "card shower" for Brandon.  He was so surprised and loved opening each card.  We also had a great time having birthday dinners with family and friends to celebrate throughout his birthday week.  And, Mya and I even successfully surprised him at school for a special birthday lunch!

October 2012 - Brandon and I were honored to both be in our dear friends', Hiran & Maggie, wedding in NY.  It was a wonderful celebration and oh so beautiful!  I also resumed teaching dance lessons at the beginning of October (after our May thru September break from lessons).  

November 2012 - We loved celebrating Mya's 2nd birthday in our home with a small family party.  She loved dancing the night away amidst her "rainbow-themed" birthday decor.  We were blessed to spend a fun evening at Hershey Park with some dear friends (...shout out to the Watkins Family!...) while riding some very fun rides.  We spent Thanksgiving here in Lancaster with family.  Oh, and...I STARTED A BLOG!!!

December 2012 - Mya loved counting down the days to Christmas this year and loved watching every "Peanuts"-themed program we could find on TV.  She especially loved using her first-ever Advent calendar and learning the details of the birth of Baby Jesus.  

..........

As with every year, we experienced highs and lows.  We experienced joys and disappointments.  We laughed, and we cried.  We gave, and we received.  And throughout it all, I can honestly say that 2012 was yet another year of blessings....  

I am blessed to stay at home with our daughter.  I am blessed that Brandon continues to use his gift of teaching in the local high school, through the Fellowship of Christian Students, and within our church.  I am blessed to continue sharing my love of dance with between 20-25 dancers throughout this past year, and I am blessed to also tutor some very amazing little ones.  Although I am helping and teaching all of the children that enter our home, I am reminded more and more that they are teaching me in ways they don't even realize.  I am blessed.  I am fulfilled.  I want to continue allowing God to use me and work through me.  I am the clay...He is the potter.  May He mold and shape me into the woman of God that He wants me to be.  And may I faithfully serve Him.  

Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2013!  Here's to another year of life, love, and learning.  Let's continue on this journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment