Monday, December 10, 2012

I {Heart} Post-It Notes

I. love. Post-it. notes.  

I do.  

I have a passion for them.  If I could, I would seriously consider investing in them.

I've even been known to have post-it notes for other post-it notes.  Ha!  I don't know whether it's the phase of life I'm in...(aka "mushy mom brain" phase)...or my desire to cross things off a list and feel like I'm accomplishing something.  Either way, I don't care.  I love them.

At any random time, you can expect to find post-its in my car, on the kitchen counter, or near our computer.

I love that they're inexpensive.  I love that they come in really great colors and seasonal patterns.  I love that they're different shapes and sizes, too.  With life being just weeks away from Christmas, I'm presently happy to be using my Santa-themed post-its.  

Now, I may be exaggerating a bit...but I do love that the post-it notes keep me focused and on-task.  They guide me and help me to accomplish things.  They're reminders, list keepers, space for other random notes.

Why do I need post-its?  Why do I depend on them?  Am I afraid I'll miss something...or that I'll make a mistake?  Maybe.  But deep down, what I really love is their simplicity.  I love their purpose.  

And, I've been challenged to use them for yet another purpose.  I heard of someone who decided to leave random post-it notes for others.  In public bathroom stalls.  On car windows.  Inside public transportation.  On desk pads.  Wherever.  Anywhere.  Any time.  

I want to do this.  

I want to bless others in this way.  I want others...whom I may never know or meet...to know they are loved and cared for.  They are blessed; they are a blessing.  They are smart, beautiful, talented, and meaningful.  They are skilled.  

It might be a compliment.  It might be a Bible verse.  It just might even be a simple, thought-provoking quote.  

But just think how much that simple post-it note might turn their day around...inspire them.  Give them that boost of energy they need to go about their day.  Allow them to bless someone else.  Encourage them to take a chance.  Inspire them to love and care for others.  

Wouldn't it be amazing if we all completed random acts of kindness each. and. every. single. day?!  Challenge yourself.  Think of others.  Show love.  Smile at someone you don't know today.  Maybe even leave a Post-it note for someone to find this week.  

Brighten someone's day.





No comments:

Post a Comment