Saturday, December 8, 2012

Small Business Saturday...again?

I love the concept of "Small Business Saturday."  Although our country's annual "Small Business Saturday" has already past (the Saturday between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, to be exact), I feel the urge to encourage you all to get out there and support our local, small businesses more than just on Small Business Saturday.  Maybe we could each do our part to support local businesses one Saturday per month?...or two?  Maybe we could each intentionally choose a small business to shop at for a Christmas gift or birthday gift?

I think it's fantastic to support local business owners.  I love that small businesses are what make up the heart of Lancaster County.  In fact, I grew up in a family that owned a small business...and now today, I am able to own my very own small businesses (dance lessons and tutoring).  

I love the sense of community I feel by supporting those small businesses around me (and by being supported in my businesses...so thank you!).  I love that our larger community has embraced this concept, too, by publicizing area events like "First Friday" in Lancaster City, "Second Friday" in Lititz, and "Third Friday" in Strasburg.  I'm sure there are many more that I'm not even aware of...but I love learning about events like this.  

And in addition to community events, there are specific local small businesses that I/we love to support.  Here are a few...

Sweet Charity Thrift Boutique
Lancaster Creative Reuse
Good's Store
B.B's Grocery Outlet
YoFro Sweets
Zimmerman's Hardware Store
Cherry Hill Orchard
Jack's Family Tavern
Strasburg Market Basket
Kauffman's Fruit Farm
Jack Robinson Garage
Highland Car Wash
And many, many MORE!!!!

What local businesses do you love supporting?  I'm certain I've forgotten to include some other AMAZING businesses (so please forgive me if I've neglected to mention you on here).  

Please share...Who do you support locally? 





2 comments:

  1. You've named a bunch of my favorites already! I'll add Jake's Wayback Burgers, Little Botique Consignment and there's an awesome little butcher shop in the heart of Farmersville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Great suggestions. Thanks, Amy. I have yet to visit Jake's...need to! And, I've definitely gotta check out that butcher, too...I know right where you mean (Brandon's family went there when living in Brownstown). Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete