Thursday, February 21, 2013

Feeling thankful today.

For some reason, I woke up feeling extra thankful today.  I'm not sure why exactly, but I'll take it.  Today's been pretty normal, pretty typical of any other day...any other Thursday to be exact.  But, it's the small things that can touch our hearts and change our outlook on the day, isn't it?!

Some of my reasons for feeling so thankful today include...
*Yummy blueberry waffles for breakfast.  (No, not homemade...just the Target brand...but I love them!)
*Getting to the gym with time to spare.
*Spontaneously running into a dear friend...unexpectedly...at the gym.  Her smile and sense of humor brightened my day...and touched Mya's heart, too.
*Having a "hair" conversation with a Goodwill employee...a friend...who has been a blessing and one that I can ask the random "Mya hair questions" to at any time.  Today, she helped me know better what brush to use while Mya's hair is wet.  Thank you, Ivory, for loving Mya and being a sweet person.  She even snuck a special candy cane treat into my hand (for Mya) while Mya wasn't looking.
*Watching Mya devour her mac 'n cheese lunch with such joy.  She loves her pasta...and I love watching her little cheeks as they get messy with orange cheese.
*The anticipation of dance classes tonight and knowing how lucky I am to teach dance and share my love of dance with very sweet dancers and their families.  Hardly a week goes by where Brandon and I don't talk about how cool it is to be connected to so many neat families through dance.
*The anticipation of spontaneous dinner plans later tonight with dear friends...at a restaurant we've been wanting to try but haven't been to yet.
*Mya's afternoon naps.  They not only recharge her...but me too.
*The beautiful sunshine in the midst of a super chilly day.

Since reading the book "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp almost one year ago, my eyes have been opened to the many blessings...both big and small...that fill our days when our eyes are opened, and we become more aware of them...more intentional about looking (or even searching) for them.

This blog post was extra fun for me.  Thinking through my day...remembering those little things that made me happy or caused me to smile.  My challenge to you is to stop what you're doing, and take one minute...yes, just one minute...to write down on a piece of paper all of the things you can think of...all of the reasons...for you to be thankful today.  And, then take another minute...to share them.  With me...on this blog or on my Facebook post.  Or with a loved one, a co-worker, or a friend.  May you be filled with a sense of thankfulness today, too.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Yes, writing down our daily gifts is so worthwhile....so many blessings, and so many I take for granted!

    ReplyDelete