Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My 100th Post

It's hard to believe that just a little over 6-months ago, I embarked on my blogging journey.  From out of nowhere, I started my blog...with the support of sweet friends and family...and have enjoyed (and learned from) it each step of the way.  I have no idea how long I'll blog.  As long as I have something to type about or share, and blogging stays fun for me, I'll keep doing it.

And so, in honor of my "100th POST"...I've decided to share with you 100 THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR.  Some things may seem simple.  Very random.  Or even silly.  It may even seem a little extreme that I'd take the time to do this.  But I'm working to have a heart of gratitude, and this is nothing short of a good challenge for me.  So here goes!

In no particular order, I'm thankful for... 
1. My husband and daughter.
2. The home that we live in.
3. Interior decorating.
4. The Goodwill store that's so close to our house.
5. Friends that inspire me.
6. Lightning bugs, butterflies, and ladybugs.  They're all cute...and help to eradicate my fear of other creepy creatures.
7. Strasburg Creamery's or Carmen & David's "coconut" ice cream.
8. My summer job in high school.  I cherish some pretty great memories from working at Eagle Falls Adventure Park.
9. Our very supportive families.
10. Our garden's fresh veggies.
11. TARGET (woot! woot!)
12. Local discount grocery stores.
13. Our care group (past and present).
14. Bethany Christian Services.
15. Garage sales.
16. A great library system in our area.
17. Lots of fun community parks close by.
18. The ability to read and write.
19. Good health.
20. The Lancaster Family YMCA.
21. The beach.
22. The change of seasons.
23. Our church family.
24. The invention of the Internet.
25. "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.
26. The mom's group, "Connections," that I attend.
27. The dance lessons I received as a little girl.
28. My dancers and their families.
29. Isaac's Deli...and specifically their "ruffed grouse" sandwich.  YUM!
30. Old friends and new friends and how they shape(d) my life.
31. Hallmark...they make great cards.
32. The ability to drive.
33. Picking fresh fruit at a local orchard.
34. Downtown Lancaster.
35. Rockvale & Tanger Outlets.
36. Strawberry shortcake (the way my mom makes it).
37. Sunshine.
38. Being able to stay home with Mya.
39. A good Snickers bar.
40. My Contigo water bottle.
41. Tom's of Maine deodorant (...it works wonders!)
42. Gala apples.
43. Our fun fondue set.
44. Being able to cook on our grill.
45. Brandon's job.
46. Costco.
47. The fact that we can capture life through photos and videos.
48. Food banks.
49. The invention of paint.
50. All of the species of animals, birds, bugs, etc.  Unreal.  (A recent trip to Philly Zoo reminded me of this).
51. The little friends that Mya has (and their families).
52. Our neighborhood.
53. My parents' pool.
54. Potatoes.
55. Turkey Hill Diet Green Tea.
56. Jesus.
57. Spontaneous get-togethers with family and friends.
58. Board games.
59. My teachers throughout life.
60. Prayer.
61. Fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies (or any cookies...for that matter!)
62. Art and music.
63. The generosity of others.
64. Water.
65. Sidewalk chalk and bubbles.
66. The ability to think and learn and be challenged.
67. Encouragement.
68. Hamloaf and sweet potato casserole and mac 'n cheese...comfort foods.
69. Mint gum.
70. My hairdresser.
71. Rain.
72. A good book.
73. Laughter.
74. Sudoku and seek-a-word puzzles.
75. Funnel cakes.
76. A beautiful rainbow.
77. Amusement parks.
78. Iced coffee drinks (a recent fave).
79. Picnics.
80. Holidays and reasons to get together and celebrate.
81. Costco's rotisserie chicken...my favorite last-minute meal.
82. Random acts of kindness.
83. Lancaster Creative Reuse...and all of the fun things I've made with the stuff I found and bought at their store.
84. Bible verses and other encouraging quotes.
85. Pinterest.
86. The wisdom of other generations.
87. Weekend getaways.
88. The chance to explore new parts of the country and world.
89. Meeting new people and making connections.
90. Antiques.
91. Game shows.
92. Moments of struggle and how it makes us stronger.
93. Naps.
94. Memories from my childhood.
95. Flowers...annuals, perennials, fresh-cut...they're all so beautiful and unique.
96. A note from a friend or a card from my mom.
97. Mya's curly hair.  It's so different from mine and so fun.
98. Coupons.
99. Discovering a cool, new website.
100. Children's picture books.

Should I dare say that when I get to "200 Posts"...I should challenge myself to post 200 things I'm thankful for?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment