Friday, November 13, 2015

Where to Start?

Friends,

It's been AGES since I've shared with you.  Frankly, for months, I haven't known where to start or what to say.  So much has happened.  At times, I'm still working to wrap my own mind and heart around the realities of it all.

I won't share much today, but I'm going to at least get the conversation started, so I can share more details with you when the time is right.

Our family had opened up our hearts to the idea of foster care a little over a year ago.  In a crazy turn of events, we were presented with the idea of a private adoption situation in July.  We also then learned that the baby was due in August.  Our lives became a whirlwind.  My hubby prepping for the start of a new school year and for the substitute teacher that would take his place while waiting for the baby to be born.  Our family getting the finishing touches done on our baby nursery and prepping diaper bags and rewashing newborn clothes and packing all kinds of baby stuff.  We packed up our home and lined up dear friends and family and neighbors to mow our lawn and pick the crops from our garden and get our mail and keep and eye on our home and cover our responsibilities at church  and more.  We prepped emotionally, and yet, I've learned that you can never prep enough for the roller coaster of emotions that goes along with adoption and foster care and a newborn and everything connected to it.

I'm still wrapping my mind around what just happened to us, and slowly, life is beginning to feel more normal again.

************

We are BEYOND GRATEFUL to each one of you who stepped in to help while we were away...and who BLESSED US BEYOND MEASURE once we arrive HOME.  Delicious meals, baked goods, and homemade oatmeal and soup and applesauce and jelly arrived for weeks.  Boxes of baby boy clothes and cans of formula and packs of diapers showed up time and time again.  Encouraging greeting cards arrived in the mail.  Baby swings were lent to us.  Groceries were dropped off when needed.  Starbucks coffees showed up in the hands of friends who wanted to meet our baby and bless me. Prayers, texts, and phone calls reminded us of your support.  Offers were extended for fun play dates and day trips for our daughter as she, too, adjusted to everything spinning around her.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but just know that if YOU were one of the people that blessed us, you touched our hearts and were the hands and feet of Jesus to us when we needed you most.  THANK YOU!!!

I have so much more to share.  But I will save it for another time.  I couldn't think of a better time to express our gratitude than this time of year when Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

This year, I'm reminded of the COMMUNITY we have around us, and the blessing our community is to our family.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

7 comments:

  1. I simply adore all of you. Thank you for opening up to share your story here. I know life has not been how you would have chosen. I wish I could make everything perfect for you. Insert: Big Fat Frowny Face and A Giant Hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the sweetest! Thank you, JJ. Your friendship has been amazing through this all. Love ya!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete