Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Groundhog Day!

So, what's the verdict?  More Winter weather...or is warmer, Spring-like weather just around the corner??  

The answer (at least according to our famous groundhog source):  
SPRING is on its way!!!

Watch this video














Click here to read the article.

If the vote were up to me...and if I had a connection to that silly Punxsutawney Phil, I'd vote for warmer weather to arrive soon, too, so I'm happy to hear today's verdict.  I can tolerate winter...and love the deeper meaning and beauty behind the blessing of four very distinct seasons (at least here on the East Coast)...but my heart longs for warmer (even HOT) weather.  I love summer.  I always have.   

Although this year's prediction is on my side, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the next six weeks or so bring.  I can't change it, so I'm not gonna dwell on it...but in the mean time, I may as well share some FUN Groundhog's Day activities with you to do with the kiddos in your life.

Use these ideas as they are or as templates to let your (or your kiddos') imaginations run wild. 

PRINTABLE COLORING PAGES
Groundhog Day coloring picture


PRINTABLE PAPER BAG PUPPET
Please note: When clicking "print," only print the first page.  This link provides you with access to 40+ pages of printables, but the Groundhog printout is the first page.


TWO OTHER ACTIVITIES
Peek-a-boo groundhog          Paper plate groundhog

2 comments: