Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I've Got Nothin'

I've got nothing.  Nothing of interest to blog about.  Been sitting here at my computer.  And my mind is blank.  No crazy stories from my day.  No super funny encounters.  Nothing.  Just a normal day.


And that's okay.

I'm realizing that this blogging thing can be quite difficult.  Hard to put myself out there.  Hard to find topics to talk about at times.  Hard to allow the everyday moments of my life to become stories that others read about.

Blogging is risky.

And yet, I like the challenge.  It's like nothing I've ever done before.  It's a way of stretching me...encouraging me...to open up and share life's everyday moments with others.

I have no idea how long I'll blog.  Having just started this venture on the last day of November, I have no timeline.  No expectations.  No agenda.  And I'm realizing that that's okay, too.  When it becomes an expectation that I blog, I have this gut feeling that I'll lose interest in it.  So I'm gonna keep this whole blogging thing spontaneous.  My style for blogging really is that of opening my heart and mind to how the Lord leads me to share.  Sometimes daily.  Sometimes just a few times a week.  And for now, I'm okay with that.

How is the Lord stretching and challenging you right now?  To take a risk?  To face a fear?  The fear of the unknown can be scary...very scary.  For as simple as this blog post is, may you be challenged to try something new...do something out of the ordinary.  Because it's usually only after we've taken a risk that we realize just how much we've truly learned, truly gained, truly experienced life in a new way.  It inspires us.

May you be inspired.  Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment