Friday, April 26, 2013

Fun & Easy Puzzle Activity for Kids

I have really enjoyed the creative ideas shared on the blog, "I Can Teach My Child."  I discovered this Hide-and-Seek Alphabet Puzzle idea the other day and wanted to share it with you.  So simple and yet so fun!  Click on the picture to see the original post.  
Hide-and-Seek Alphabet Puzzle in a Bean Tub
All you need is:
*A plastic container or water/sand table
*One of your child's favorite puzzles
*Rice, packing peanuts, beans, or sand (to fill the container)
*And a scoop or tongs

I can't wait to try this out with Mya.  The possibilities are endless with this.  
You could have your child...
*find the letters in order.  
*find all the letters of the same color.
*find your child's name.  

And so on.  Plus, you could use something besides a puzzle, too.  Why not hide your child's favorite Matchbox cars or plastic animals?  Maybe focus on one letter of the alphabet and hide that same letter from all different puzzles, magazine cutouts, and so on.  

Thank you, "I Can Teach My Child," for so many neat ideas...including this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment