Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Reflecting back on another year of dance lessons!


....................
This week marks the end of another dance year for me and my dancers.  I wanted to take a moment to reflect back on the year.  

I am beyond blessed to be able to do what I love and share that gift with others.  Looking back fifteen years ago, I never would have imagined doing this.  It just wasn't on my radar.  It didn't seem possible...or even like something I'd be capable of doing.  

But over the years, I've been supported, loved, encouraged, helped, and inspired...to share my love of dance with many others.  

I've taken risks.  
I've excelled...and I've failed.  
I've been discouraged...and I've been blessed beyond words.  
I've questioned...and I've learned to take life one day at a time, to embrace this responsibility, to not allow the unknowns of the future to prevent me from doing something today...right now.    

And I've been supported in amazing ways.  

By so many families.  And by my own family.  

I wouldn't have been able to start teaching dance lessons in the first place if it weren't for my amazing dance teacher, Mrs. Horn...and for my parents' willingness to pay for and drive me to-and-from lessons.  When I learned to dance back then, I didn't realize what it would become.  I had no idea.  But I was encouraged, and the idea was placed in my mind.  And I took a risk.  When the thought of having my own dance school was becoming a reality, it felt so overwhelming.  But step-by-step, I've grown into this role, into this position...and I love it.  

So I thank those in my life who have taken a chance on me, who've believed in me, who've allowed me to work with your child.  There have been many dance lessons where I've felt like I've learned more from my dancers than they may have learned from me.  They teach me so much...about myself and about who I want to be.  They're silly, sweet, confident, and thoughtful.  They're intelligent, hard-working, and willing to try and try again.  They don't give up.  They laugh.  And they give the BEST hugs in the world.  They remind me that it's okay to make mistakes, that it's okay to feel frustrated.  And they remind me to keep striving, to keep making new goals, and to keep dreaming.

I'm so thankful for another year of dance.  And I look forward to sharing what my dancers have learned over the last year with their families this week.  

And for as long as the Lord wants me to share this gift, I will.  To God be the glory.  
....................

No comments:

Post a Comment